The National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH) is the premiere honorary supported by the leading international organization advocating for the interests and welfare of residence hall students, while also providing opportunities for their personal growth and development. NRHH strives to provide recognition for individuals who have contributed to the advancement of college and university housing. It ensures the advancement of member chapters through resource sharing, programming, and leadership development opportunities to contribute and support the vision of the National Association of College and University Residence Halls (NACURH), Incorporated. Activities of the chapters vary from campus to campus. Membership selection is conducted by each individual chapter. The chapter members represent the top 1% of the student leaders on campus and are those who have contributed extraordinary amounts of personal time and energy in order to make the residence halls more than a “dorm.”
NRHH is a leadership based honorary comprised of exemplary residential students who value service and recognition. The SMU Chapter has two committees, one for each value of NRHH that implements values based initiatives.
The SMU Chapter solicits nominations from current members and RLSH staff. Depending on membership numbers, the SMU Chapter may do a fall and spring membership drive if space allows. Total membership capacity is 1% of the total on campus housing capacity which is at 34 members right now. Active members are those that reside in on campus housing. Members become alumni when they graduate or move off campus. Once an individual is inducted as a member of NRHH, they are able to earn member for life status.
Chapter meetings are held once or twice a week as determined by the President and Advisor(s). Chapter meetings are open to inducted members only. Students or staff members inducted by another chapter are also welcome.
The SMU Chapter Executive Board consists of the following positions:
- President – oversees the chapter as a whole and the activities of the Executive Board
- Director of Recognition – in charge of all recognition efforts including the Of The Month (OTM) program
- Director of Service – oversees the community service committee and implements service related initiatives
- Director of Recruitment & Marketing – responsible for marketing the chapter to students living on campus, recruitment of new members, and induction of new members
- Director of External Communications (NRHH Communications Coordinator) – responsible for representing the chapter at official SWACURH & NACURH related meetings, responsible for coordinating NRHH award bids for SWACURH & NACURH