- “Measuring Economic Mobility in India Using Noisy Data: A Partial Identification Approach,” with Hao Li and Punarjit Roychowdhury. Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A.
- “Remotely Incorrect? Accounting for Nonclassical Measurement Error in Satellite Data on Deforestation” with Jennifer Alix-Garcia. Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- “Food Security Dynamics and Measurement Error,” with Ian McDonough. American Journal of Agricultural Economics.
Research in Progress
- “A Tale of Two Bankruptcies: Geographic Differences in Bankruptcy Chapter Choice,” with Nathaniel Pattison.
- “Partisan Mortality Cycles,” with Travis Whitacre.
- “The Measurement of Labor Market Dynamics with Misclassification,” with Hsin-Wei Chang.
- “Inconceivable! Rolling Fixed Effects and Causal Inference,” with Marc Bellemare.
- “Identification of State Dependence with Misclassified Variables with an Application to Food Insecurity,” with Timothy Halliday & Ian McDonough.
- “Partial Identification of Economic Mobility,” with with Hao Li and Punarjit Roychowdhury.
- “Dynamic Panel Data Models with Irregular Spacing: with Applications to Early Childhood Development,” with Ian K. McDonough. Journal of Applied Econometrics.
- “Partial Identification of the Long-Run Causal Effect of Food Security on Child Health,” with Manan Roy. Empirical Economics.
- “Estimation of Treatment Effects Without an Exclusion Restriction: with an Application to the Analysis of the School Breakfast Program,” with Rusty Tchernis. Journal of Applied Econometrics.
Unpublished Files Referenced in Published Work
- “Dynamic Panel Data Models with Irregular Spacing: with Applications to Early Childhood Development,” with Ian K. McDonough. Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2017, 32, 725-743. [Appendix]
- “Targeted Business Incentives and the Debt Behavior of Households,” with Wenhua Di. Empirical Economics, 2017, 52, 1115-1142. [Appendix]
- “Empirical Tests of the Pollution Haven Hypothesis When Environmental Regulation is Endogenous,” with Jayjit Roy.Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2016, 31, 652-677. [Appendix C]
- “Persistence of Childhood Obesity,” with Rusty Tchernis. [Appendix]
- “Detailed Estimation of Worklife Expectancy for the Measurement of Human Capital: Accounting for Marriage and Children,” with Michael Nieswiadomy and Daniel J. Slottje. Journal of Economic Surveys, 2010, 24, 339-361. [tables]
- “The Mythical ‘Boy Crisis’?” with M.H. Husain. Economics of Education Review, 2009, 28, 38-48. [Appendix]
- “It’s All in the Timing: Assessing the Impact of Bilateral Tax Treaties on US FDI Activity,” with A. Kumas, in L. Sachs and K.P. Sauvant (eds.), The Effect of BITs and DTTs on FDI Flows, Oxford University Press, 2008. [Appendix]
- “Is Gravity Linear?,” with D.J. Henderson. Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2008, 23, 137-172. [Appendix B] [Appendix C]
- “Pollution Abatement Costs and Foreign Direct Investment Inflows to U.S. States: A Nonparametric Reassessment,” with D.J. Henderson. Review of Economics and Statistics, 2007, 89, 178-183. [additional results]
- “Strategic Competition Amongst Public Schools,” with V. Rangaprasad. Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2007, 37, 199-219. [additional results]
- “Robust Inference Concerning Recent Trends in U.S. Environmental Quality,” with E. Maasoumi. Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2005, 20, 55-77. [longer version]
- “Environmental Abatement Costs and Establishment Size.” Contemporary Economic Policy, 2003, 21, 281-296. [additional results]
- “Corruption, Environmental Policy, and FDI: Theory and Evidence from the United States,” with P.G. Fredriksson and J.A. List. Journal of Public Economics, 2003, 87, 1407-1430. [additional results]
“This world is but a canvas to our imagination.”
– Henry David Thoreau