- Xu Y, Lu Z, Leshchinsky B (2022) Kinematics of irrigation-induced landslides in a Washington desert: impacts of basal geometry. JGR Earth Surf 127, e2021JF006355. [doi] View PDF
- Xu Y, Lu Z, Kim JW (2021) P-band InSAR for geohazard detection over forested terrains: preliminary results, Remote Sens 13(22), 4575. [doi] View PDF
- Xu Y, Schulz WH, Lu Z, Kim JW, Baxstrom K (2021) Geologic controls of slow-moving landslides near the US West Coast, Landslides 18: 3353–3365. [doi] View PDF
- Kang Y, Lu Z, Zhao C, Xu Y, Kim JW, Gallegos AJ (2021) InSAR monitoring of creeping landslides in mountainous regions: A case study in Eldorado National Forest, California. Remote Sens Environ 258, 112400. [doi] View PDF
- Xu Y, Lu Z. Schulz W, Kim JW (2020) Twelve-year dynamics and rainfall thresholds for alternating creep and rapid movement of the Hooskanaden landslide from integrating InSAR, pixel offset tracking, and borehole and hydrological measurements. JGR Earth Surf 125, e2020JF005640. [doi] View PDF
- Xu Y, George DL, Kim JW, Lu Z, Riley M, Griffin T, de la Fuente Juan (2020) Landslide monitoring and runout hazard assessment by integrating multi-source remote sensing and numerical models: an application to the Gold Basin landslide complex, northern Washington. Landslides, 18(3): 1131-1141. [doi] View PDF
- Xu Y, Kim JW, George DL, Lu Z (2019) Characterizing seasonally rainfall-driven movement of a translational landslide using SAR imagery and SMAP soil moisture. Remote Sens 11(20): 2347. [doi] View PDF
- Xu Y, Wu K, Li L, Zhou D, Hu Z (2019) Ground cracks development and characteristics of strata movement under fast excavation: a case study at Bulianta coal mine, China. Bull Eng Geol Environ 78(1): 325-340. [doi] View PDF
- Diao X, Wu K, Xu Y, Zhou D, Chen R (2018) Prediction-based phase unwrapping for differential interferograms of coal mining areas using a stochastic medium model. Remote Sens Lett 9(5): 477-486. [doi]
- Li L, Wu K, Hu Z, Xu Y, Zhou D (2017) Analysis of developmental features and causes of the ground cracks induced by oversized working face mining in an aeolian sand area. Environ Earth Sci 76(3): 135. [doi] View PDF
- Xu Y, Wu K, Bai Z, Hu Z (2017) Theoretical analysis of the secondary development of mining-induced surface cracks in the Ordos region. Environ Earth Sci 76(20): 703. [doi] View PDF
- Zhou D, Wu K, Bai Z, Hu Z, Li L, Xu Y (2017) Formation and development mechanism of ground crack caused by coal mining: effects of overlying key strata. Bull Eng Geol Environ 78(2): 1025-1044. [doi]
- Xu Y (2022) Landslides on the radar: detection, monitoring, and hydromechanical modeling. UC Santa Cruz.
- Xu Y (2022) Radar remote sensing and hydromechanical modeling of landslides. University of Washignton.
- Xu Y (2021) Landslide mapping and kinematics characterization from InSAR and hydromechanical modeling. U.S. Forest Service Webinar Series.
- Xu Y, Lu Z, Burgmann R, Hensley S, Fielding E, Kim J (2022) P-band SAR for deformation surveying: advantages and challenges. EGU Assembly.
- Xu Y, Lu Z, Burgmann R, George D (2022) Landslides on the radar: detection, monitoring, and runout hazard forecasting. EGU Assembly.
- Xu Y, Lu Z, Leshchinsky B (2021) Irrigation-induced landslides in a Washington desert: kinematics regulated by slip-surface geometry. AGU Fall Meeting.
- Xu Y, Schulz WH, Lu Z, Kim JW, Baxstrom K (2021) Slow-moving landslides over the U.S. West Coast: InSAR-derived inventory and geologic controls. AGU Fall Meeting.
- Kwong K, Crowell B, Xu Y (2021) Kinematic rupture model of the 2021 M6.0 Antelope Valley Earthquake from joint inversions of seismic, GNSS and Sentinel-1 satellite data. AGU Fall Meeting.
- Lu Z, Kim JW, Qu F, Xu Y (2021) Monitoring Natural and Anthropogenic Hazards by Exploiting SAR Data at ASF. AGU Fall Meeting.
- Xu Y, Lu Z, Schulz WH, Kim JW (2021) Dynamics and physics-based rainfall thresholds for a deep-seated landslide. EGU General Assembly.
- Xu Y, George DL, Lu Z, Kim JW, Riley M, Griffin T, De La Fuente J (2020) Movement monitoring and runout simulations of the Gold Basin landslide complex using LiDAR, SAR, and numerical models. AGU Fall Meeting.
- Xu Y, Kim JW, Lu Z (2019) Study of Hooskanaden landslide using InSAR and offset tracking measurements. Poster at AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco.
- Xu Y, Kim JW, Lu Z (2018) Basal geometry and retardation time of seasonal rainfall-triggered landslide revealed by InSAR time series. Poster at AGU Fall Meeting, Washington, D.C.
(1) SMU Research News: New landslides on US West Coast detected by SMU scientists. https://www.smu.edu/News/2021/Research/New-landslides-on-US-West-Coast-detected-by-SMU-scientists
- AGU Blog: https://blogs.agu.org/landslideblog/2021/10/01/using-insar-to-create-a-landslide-inventory-for-the-pacific-northwest/
- Phys org: https://phys.org/news/2021-09-scientists-landslides-west-coast.html
- AAAS Eurek Alert!: https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/929740
- Our Daily Planet: https://www.ourdailyplanet.com/story/the-landslides-bring-it-down/
- Gamers Grade: https://gamersgrade.com/scientists-detect-new-landslides-on-u-s-west-coast/
- My Droll: https://mydroll.com/scientists-detect-new-landslides-on-u-s-west-coast/
- UR All News: https://urallnews.com/scientists-detect-new-landslides-on-u-s-west-coast/
- Flipboard: https://flipboard.com/@erikspuris/earthscipdx-h2o4aun6z/scientists-detect-new-landslides-on-u-s-west-coast/a-qCt6TR28TmeejOsdIUqO8w%3Aa%3A19810443-4a6c884743%2Fphys.org
- High Geekly: https://www.highgeekly.com/earth-sciences-environment/scientists-detect-new-landslides-on-u-s-west-coast.15/
- N Opera News: https://www.dailyadvent.com/news/1d0cf25d97a372651ce2fbd1049d1975-Scientists-detect-new-landslides-on-US-West-Coast
- People Newspapers: https://www.peoplenewspapers.com/2021/11/09/happenings-on-the-hill-20/
- Verve Times: https://vervetimes.com/scientists-detect-new-landslides-on-u-s-west-coast/
- World War Zero: https://worldwarzero.com/magazine/2021/10/the-landslide-s-bring-it-down/
- Knowledia: https://news.knowledia.com/US/en/articles/scientists-detect-new-landslides-on-us-west-coast-4a6c884743863d054c7330115cf7739a93020b36
- News Concerns: https://newsconcerns.com/scientists-detect-new-landslides-on-u-s-west-coast/
- Newsbreak: https://www.newsbreak.com/news/2385678230727/new-landslides-on-us-west-coast-detected-by-smu-scientists
(2) Op-ed on InsideSources: New Technology Mapping Landslides Can Save Lives, Mitigate Damage. https://insidesources.com/new-technology-mapping-landslides-can-save-lives-mitigate-damage/
- SMU Blog: https://blog.smu.edu/dedmancollege/2022/01/03/new-technology-mapping-landslides-can-save-lives-mitigate-damage/
- KQ Education Group: https://kqeducationgroup.com/new-technology-mapping-landslides-can-save-lives-mitigate-damage-insidesources/
- Business Newspress: https://businessnewspress.com/2022/01/04/new-technology-mapping-landslides-can-save-lives-mitigate-damage-insidesources/
- Full Tips Here: https://fulltipshere.com/new-tech-map-landslides-can-save-lives-mitigate-damage-insidesources/
- Tech World: https://shamelesshosts.com/new-technology-mapping-landslides-can-save-lives-mitigate-damage-insidesources/