panelarrow

jess-marie balli

the art of life within the arts

My Work Habits

| 1 Comment

My work habits…Some would say that I am too focused. Here is the layout of my day. I wake up at 5:30 in the morning, go to school, and in between classes, I am studying and completing assignments. After the long school day, I hurry over to my work place, rush home, get dinner on the table and children situated, and work on assignments until I am done (which could be in the wee hours of the morning depending on the project and work load). This is a Monday through Friday ordeal. It’s how I live during the academic school year. Though, through the week, I will go to bed early as long as I have assignments knocked out, or desperately need more than four hours of sleep (it currently is 11:47 pm and I am completing this assignment, so there you go). How do I do it? I have no idea. I just know it has to be done. So that is just MY schedule. I try to maintain my focus on the task at hand, and sometimes will multi-task (especially when it comes to art projects where the gesso has to dry and what not). I put myself on a schedule. Every week in my planner, there is a list of assignments and date designated due. I try to make sure all assignments are completed ahead of schedule, not letting myself fall behind. If several projects are due (even ones with work), I will prioritize them according to difficulty of task. Easy ones that can be knocked out easily, I will do first (to clarify, I am not meaning guessing at answers or doing a poor job, but assignments that I am prepared for and know the material). The harder ones I will break into sections and address until done. Most of my major art projects are designated for the weekend where I have more hours to spend “in studio”. Once I am in the flow, I don’t like being interrupted. When I am “in studio”, I force myself to focus completely on the task and not let outside stimuli distract me (i.e. Facebook, T.V., etc). Depending on the mood of the project, I will play music and completely immerse myself into the art, only to resurface at the time I can take a break to reflect on my marks. That’s how things get done. So far, it’s pretty effective!

Author: Jessica Balli

A native Texan and long-time artisan, Jessica is currently earning a Bachelors of Fine Arts with a major in Studio Art and minor in Advertising at the prestigious Southern Methodist University.

One Comment

1. One of many advanrages hesre iss that this budget is not
    significant high & also much like your situaion demands, your budget
    could be modified so the common man may have the full enjoyments though the prices are not
    significant high. Whether it be Christmas, New Years, Halloween, Easter or Independence Day,
    drives up and down the residential streets of America, aas well as
    many countries around the world, will reveal the sheer ove the people
    of this world have for the employment of radiance to celebrate
    their festivals.Goa is a most popular turist destination in India that attracts people from all over the world.